Manage Customer Requirements
• The Project Manager is empowered with adequate signature authorization and target agreement to manage the project as entrepreneur and brings about strategic decisions and asserts them
• Actively gathers information on the customer and customer’s strategies, requirements and targets.
• Manages customer expectations; identifies / creates additional opportunities out of the ongoing projects
• Actively communicates with customer’s senior representatives and manages solving of issues.
• Regularly performs lessons learned activities and feeds the results into own project and organization.
• At an early stage, informs customer, management and project team of deviations from project plan.
• Actively builds relationships to customer representatives.
Manage project finances on the basis of contractual developments and risk situation
• Lives full responsibility for the financial results according to set targets
• Examines the project proposal/order entry costing.
• Ensures regular financial controlling and reporting according to regulations.
• Optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and assets.
• Identifies and minimizes non-conformance costs.
• Ensures that the results of risk assessments are appropriately reflected in costing.
• Fosters change orders with good margin contribution.
• Manage the project throughout the project Life Cycle.
• Handles relevant planning elements and milestone results throughout the project life cycle.
• Sets up and maintains our Clients Project Management Plan including Quality Management Plan.
• Involves the relevant partners in the sales/ project initiation phase.
• Performs contract reading and derives actions concerning risks, opportunities and contractual obligations.
• Agrees targets and work packages with project staff and delegates defined work packages.
• Is responsible for the technical solution including integration of all (sub-) systems.
• Ensures proper ramp up and execution of site activities.
• Holds regular project status meetings and organizes acceptance of milestone work results.
• Documents all work results according to the valid standards.
• Manages acceptance (tests) and final project handover.
• Identifies and assesses risk factors utilizing available risk measurement tools.
• Manages an overall project with onshore and offshore part according to the New Collaboration Model.
Manage project team
• Agrees targets with project staff and delegates defined responsibilities and authority.
• Holds and seeks actively feedback (e.g. team members, managers, customers)
• Takes responsibility for own and supports team-members’ work life balance.
• Supports team-members’ personal development (eg. PMP-process)
• Involves the project team in the identification of changes and claims.
• Demonstrates leadership to functionally assigned intercultural staff, agrees targets and delegates accordingly.
• Cooperates closely with line managers and experts.
• Facilitates and monitors effective team collaboration (e.g. via coaching)
Develop strategies for the project and beyond
• Aligns project targets with business strategy; signs a project manager target agreement.
• Develops and considers strategic targets for own project in line with responsible business manager.
• Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally to senior management.
• Identifies / creates additional opportunities out of the ongoing projects.
• Conducts stakeholder analysis and manages efficient communication with all relevant stakeholders incl. different countries/states of region, headquarter, customer, partners and suppliers.
• Communicates cross-organizational with internal contacts on opportunities for further improvements.
• Has expertise in interpersonal relations: effective communication and presentation, management of conflicts.
• Has experience in intercultural communication and collaboration.
• Selects and involves partners / subcontractors based on strategic viewpoints and defined criteria.
• Involves procurement at an early stage according to valid our Client procurement rules
Manage compliance to standards, rules and regulations
• Leads project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines.
• Implements rules (e.g. tax regulations, arms lengths principle, delegation of employees, guarantees and export control)
• Sets necessary measures to ensure zero harm policy in environment, health and safety.
• Sets up a framework to regular check of compliance in the project and with subcontractors.
• Involves the necessary corporate governance units (e.g. Compliance, Legal Units, HR, Workers Council)
• Complies to local standards and law of countries directly affected (e.g. of: customer, suppliers, partners)
• Complies with internal and international rules (ZRG, AWV, INCOTERMS), Fundamentals of Supply Chain.
Management, Asset Management, Procurement Policy
• Manage the project enabler processes.
• Follows the relevant LoA process, if applicable.
• Assesses contracts in terms of claim-relevant significance, ensures examination by legal expert.
• Negotiates with stakeholders on Change Requests and incorporates them into contracts.
• Agrees with stakeholders the strategy for making / mitigating / defending claims.
• At an early stage identifies drives, defends and mitigates claims.
• Ensures monitoring and management of risks and opportunities and early escalation.
• Devises suitable strategies for risk mitigation.
• Implements procedure to solve major issues with all necessary internal and external partners.
What else do I need to know?
• 10 years experience in Project Manager with overall responsibility on project results including budget, financial management of risk, opportunities and claims
• Manages project as entrepreneur according to organizational standards.
• Extensive experience in High Voltage Substations (turnkey)
• Electrical Engineering Degree
• Written and spoken English is essential.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Relevant degree and Project Management certifications are preferred.